Crazy sharp burning pain in lower stomach?
Right under my left ribs, I woke up and felt like the inside of my stomach was on fire.It wasnt wide spread either just that one spot,When I rolled off my stomach it stopped, It was very brief.But scary..anyway I have gas (Belching) and major heartburn now. I know GERD can be painful,I have it..but can it cause your stomach to hurt like that? It doesmt hurt now but I feel like it has a lingering feeling.Wish I could describe it better, Im still half asleep lol. Thanks
Hi, your symptoms could be due to peptic ulcer disease. Peptic ulcer pain is usually a burning pain. They commonly occur in the stomach and duodenum. Stomach ulcers cause pain on eating and duodenal ulcers cause pain on fasting (2-3 hrs after eating). Peptic ulcers are eroded areas in the lining of the digestive tract usually in the stomach and duodenum. The two common causes for this are: infection with helicobacter pylori and use of non steroidal  anti inflammatory medications (NSAID). So for the ulcer to heal and to reduce acid levels  avoid NSAID's, quit smoking, eliminate alcohol and reduce stress levels. OTC antacids and antibiotics to treat H pylori further aid in therapy. If it persists please consult your primary care physician for proper assessment. Regards.