Diagnosed with Acid Reflux but no burning sensations
I was under a lot of stress in January while trying to sort out a lease for a commercial location for my grooming business. I found myself nauseated all the time but it didn't really effect my daily routines. Last Friday I got home from work and ate dinner and got very ill, naerly throwing up. Over the weekend I barely ate anything because I would feel like hell after eating. I called the doctor and he recommended Prilosec OTC because he thought maybe the stress triggered some acid reflux. By Monday I was able to get off of my couch finally and I hate a small meal for the first time. Yesterday I ate some cheese and a brownie, and today all I have had was 2 slices of cheese. My stomach gets unsettled when I eat and sometimes I get the urge to vomit but thankfully have not done so yet. I also get a lump type feeling like food is stuck in my throat for hours after eating. Finally made it into the doctor and she thinks I have acid reflux. I have no burning sensation or heartburn just nausea, upset tummy and lump in throat after eating. Any ideas?
I forgot to add that she put me on Dexilant.

Hi and welcome to the GERD forum.

Not everyone will have heartburn with reflux/GERD...so it is very possible that u do have it...I  would  u modify ur diet to include healthy choices that r not foods that will trigger reflux...Chocolate will and not eating will too....so eat but more frequent and smaller meals to help absorb the acids.

Also if this persists, ask for a PH test to be done,....low acid can cause the same symptoms...so it is hard to know without testing...but if u get the OTC med and u feel worse that could indicate low acid levels.

It is more likely to be high levels with stress...but with out testing and modifying ur diet and lifestyle it will be diff to calm down,

Look at the health pages for  tips on foods to avoid and tips on how u can modify ur lifestyle too.  http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/list?cid=236