GERD (Acid Reflux) Expert Forum
Diarrhea with blood

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Diarrhea with blood

Urgent please...
My 12 years daughter is having watery diarrhear since last two days with red streaks. Our problem is confounded by the fact that she suffers from neurological deficit (MR), so one really can not get any information out of her (she won't answer questions). She is currently on seizure medication and has not had one for last 2 years. I am giving her sporlac tablet (would not swallow liquid easily) 4 times a day and twice a day enteroquinol. She is doing still the same. Norflox was suggested but I have deferred it till now as I think enteroquinol covers amoebicidal and antibacterial areas both. Please advise.
Though enteroquinonol has both amebicidal and antibacterial effects it is more of an amebicidal medication only. So it would be better to take norflox along with it.
But before that you can have a stool test done to find the cause.
Thanx doc,

The RMO at the local hospital did put her on Tranexa, Nexpro, Redotil, Zanocin and VSL (dry lactic acid, bifidobacteria). Three days later Zanocin is changed to Dyrade-M. The stool is somewhat formed and not red now. Yesterday occult blood was positive. But the biggest problem is she is not eating properly (she was always a picky eater and prefers meat and chicken). How safe is it to give her that?

I would like to know what would have caused this infection, in first place, as obviously she is a child for whom prevention is the key.