Difficulty swallowing
I have GERD and have developed difficulty swallowing and do not know what to do about it. I am taking a medicine that is suppose to coat the stomach so that the acids do not come back up into my throat and burn it... But I am still having problems swallowing anything...  If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated....

Hi and welcome to the GERD forum.

What u need is a medical professional and we r not that , this is a support group...all I can do is suggest u get to a Dr ASAP, and in the meantime avoid foods and bevs that may trigger ur symptoms.

Things that r spicy, acidic, greasy, and soda's which r carbonated and coffee bcuz of the caffeine....

In addition to modifying ur diet u need to also modify ur lifestyle....no smoking, lose weight so that u r healthy, and elevate the head of ur bed....no tight clothes, and relax as stress can add to ur symptoms of GERD. For more tips see the Health Pages -http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/list?cid=236