Do you feel like me???
Wow, I have been making myself crazy because all I can think about is this stupid pain. Well its not stupid it is scary. It is located to the top of my left breast and it is a sharp to dull pain that comes and goes. I have been diagnosed with  Costochondritis and I am not sure what all that entails so I was looking for some support here. I got a steroid shot on Tuesday and a prescription of Previcid. What is weird is the pain does not seem to bother me when I am relaxed. But sense I worry about it all the time I have wine to relax and it helps. Is this weird or what? The more I worry over this the more it seems to act up. I went to massage therapy on Tuesday also and I felt amazing until yesterday evening! I think that the massage relaxed me and eased my mind and that is why the pain subsided for a while. Does anyone else on here feel this way?? Please respond asap..Thank you for your time!!
I got this info from the internet for those that may not know what Costochondritis is....I am not sure that the GERD forum may offer the best info but the pain is similar.

Causes of Costochondritis~

Doctors don't know what causes most cases of costochondritis. Only some cases of costochondritis have a clear cause. Those causes include:

Injury. A blow to the chest could cause costochondritis.
Physical strain. Heavy lifting and strenuous exercise have been linked to costochondritis.
Upper respiratory illness. An infection that produces sneezing or a cough may produce costochondritis.
Infection. Infection can develop in the costosternal joint, causing pain.
Fibromyalgia. Recurring costochondritis could be a symptom of fibromyalgia. People with fibromyalgia often have several tender spots. The upper part of the breastbone is a common tender spot.
Pain from other areas of your body. Pain signals can sometimes be misinterpreted by your brain, causing pain in places far away from where the problem occurs. Your doctor might refer to this as "referred pain." Pain in your chest can sometimes be caused by problems with the bones in your spine compressing the nerves.
It would make sense that worry would make you more tense and aggravate the inflamed area.  I was diagnosed with costochondritis on the right side before.  I took cyclic ibuprofen for a few days and tried to make sure I wasn't physically straining the area.  It was a very painful thing and I thought maybe it was my gallbladder or liver, but it turned out I had costochondritis.  It got better with answered prayer, rest, and ibuprofen.  You might try some moist heat on the area to see if that doesn't help it relax.
Aww, some good ideas. Thanks so much
You're welcome & I hope it clears up soon for you!
I had a rough night lastnight. I could not lay on my left side without my pains killing me in my chest. I think that gas makes my costo a lot worse. Is that possible??