GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
Does your GERD hurt your back so bad???

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Does your GERD hurt your back so bad???

i am diagnosed with hiatal hernia, h pylori, esophagitis, & doudenitis.my gall bladder was removed last november cause my doctors thought my abdominal and back pain was due to gallstones.but after my operation, im still experiencing the same pain.then the doctors said i should undergo endoscopy.thats how they found out about my status.i feel bloated alway..and relieved after eating..but after few hours..i will be in pain for two-five hours.pain starts in my stomach and radiated to my back..im crying in pain almost every day..not just in night time..even in morning..
my doctor said it may be because of my hiatal hernia that cause GERD..thats why my back hurts so bad..

is anyone experiencing the same pain???
please help!!
HI and welcome to the GERD forum.

Wow, u have  a lot going on...but the bloating makes me think u may also have IBS issues....? do u? Have u talked with ur dr in regards to this? U need to evacuate on a regular basis and it must be a certain amount to be a normal movement.Otherwise u will have awful back pains and bloating.

A hiatal hernia will cause gerd issues, but with diet and lifstyle modifications u can keep it under control.

U may need more fiber in ur diet...talk to ur GI dr about ur issues and what can u take /do to help this situation.

My dr put me on miralax to help with the bloating....once regulated I stopped using it and only use it now if I have a problem.

Have u been checked to see if the H. Pylori is gone? I believe I read in another thread u had that as well? GB operations can cause this to pop up and u do need to keep an eye on it....and sometimes it is possible  to have too little  acid and it can feel the same...in that case a probiotic can help.

The best advice I can give is see ur dr and fill him in on what is going on.

"selma"
what is IBS?

thank you so much for replying..i feel comforted..last night i had this attack again..it started at around 4pm and lasted till 12 midnight..it was so painful..my husband and i are crying because we don't know what to do..im praying this will be go away..

about my diet..im so careful about it..im not eating chocolates, juices, citrus fruits, anything that has tomatoes, anything fried and spicy..but still experiencing the same pain..im taking nexium everyday..

IBS= Irritable bowel syndrome

There is also a list of lifestyle changes that u can modify to also help for example: elevate the head of the bed to keep the acids down where they belong.

See the Health Pages here on MedHelp for the complete list of lifestyle tips.

"selma"
Gastro Tracker
Gastro
worksinadetoxunit commented on Conversion table othe...
selmaS commented on soccero's status
mkh9 commented on mkh9's status
Aug 28