GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
Domperidone
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Domperidone

I was diagnosed with a Sliding Hiatal Hernia. Symptoms was spasm type episodes daily in upper GI just at top of stomach. I have these even upon waking in the morning and can't do anything until it settles down. A full feeling at the top of my stomach..excessive belching, feeling like you can't get air until it settles down. Also comes on wiith walking long distances, climbing stairs is aweful and exercise. Feeling of fulllness just after a few bites of food. 2 yrs ago I had a CT scan, was scoped with tissue samples sent off and an upper GI. These tests were all negative -including H Pylori.
So, the doctor seems to think it is a Sliding Hiatal Hernia and has placed me on Domperidone 10mg qid. Only been on it for 2 days but, having headache, dry mouth and some anxiety. Is this normal ? Do I need to give it some time before giving up on it to let my body adjust to it ?

This discussion is related to gerd problem.
Related Discussions
620923_tn?1398277065
Hi.....ne time u have persistant side effects, please notify ur dr. I copy and pasted the side effects of the meds u r asking about.Some meds do take time to take affect, but side effects r a whole different topic.

GENERIC NAME: DOMPERIDONE - ORAL (dom-PAIR-eh-doan)

SIDE EFFECTS: Headache, dizziness, dry mouth, nervousness, flushing, or irritability may occur the first several days as your body adjusts to the medication. Trouble sleeping, stomach cramps, hot flashes and leg cramps have also been reported. If any of these effects continue or become bothersome, inform your doctor. Notify your doctor immediately if you develop: chest pain, slow/fast/irregular heartbeat, swelling of the feet or ankles, difficulty urinating, swelling of the breasts or discharge from the nipple in men or women, menstrual changes, sexual difficulties. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.

I hope this was of some help to u.

"selma"
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Gastro Tracker
Gastro
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
620923_tn?1398277065
Blank
selmaS commented on jiggle93's status
14 hrs ago
4705307_tn?1397753514
Blank
timothy141 This is me, the last view d... Comment
Apr 23
620923_tn?1398277065
Blank
selmaS commented on first flow study 4/22...
Apr 22
GERD (Acid Reflux) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eaters: How to Silence Yo...
Mar 26 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
1344197_tn?1392822771