GERD (Acid Reflux) Expert Forum
Dosage for reflux
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Dosage for reflux

Doctor, thanks for your timely replies.  I am currently on  30 mg Prevacid (my doctor gave me office handout) once per day, and due to reading your column, I started the Zantac (150 mg - OTC).  Is Prevacid the drug of choice today?  I notice a lot of postings on the forum refer to it.  If this is the most effective drug, what is the generally prescribed dosage?  You suggest taking a PPI twice a day.  Would you recommend two 15mg Prevacid or two 30 mg Prevacid?  Also, what is the recommended dosage for the Zantac?  I am still having some breakthrough with my current regimen (i.e., one 30 mg Prevacid in the a.m., and one 150 mg Zantac in the p.m.

Thanks so much and I look forward to your answer.