GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
E.O.E

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

E.O.E

I am 13 years old and i had a normal life until i went on a couple vacations and when i was on my period i got abdomonail pain and very bad nausea. It lasted for about 2 months and i still live with it today!

I am on oberzole and other medicines but ive had to stop playing basketball because of it and missed alot of school! I just want to be normal and eat whatever i want! can someone help me? please?
Hi there, Jordan. Have they done any tests to check for the reason for it? Where is your pain at? What other medications do they have you on, and what are the dosages?

I just wanna say, it is very smart of you to look for help. I had a lot of medical issues at your age and I just "sucked it up", when what I really should have been doing was doing research, asking around, and finding help. =)
Jordan, i have 3 daughters with celiac disease. All 3 of them had different symptoms.  One of them had constant nausea for quite a few months.  We ran all kinds of tests on her trying to figure out what was wrong.  Her twin sister had rashes, which some people with celiac get, but not all.  It was the location of this daughter's rashes that clued me in to celiac disease.       i took her in to an allergist and not wanting to sound like a know it all, I mentioned exactly WHERE the rashes were---and he picked it up from there and sugested testing for celiac.

My daughter that had been nauseated for months had even had a scope with biopsies done and it did not show the celiac.

We eventually tested the girls with the Ttg test and they were all positive--so we put them all gluten free.  The 3rd daughter with celiac did not have any symptoms.

I just thought I might throw it out there--it is something you may want to test for.