ESOPHYX
Has someone had esophyx.Is Esophyx the SOLUTION for GERD? thank you
Hi I was not familiar with the term and looked it up....I have not had this  and wanted to be sure others also knew what it was.From what I have read this sounds like a great way to resolve gerd.

"selma"

Transoral Incisionless Fundoplication (TIF)
EsophyX™ Transoral Incisionless Fundoplication (TIF) is the third wave in the evolution of surgical procedures for the treatment of GERD and builds upon the principles of open and laparoscopic surgical procedures. EsophyX™ TIF delivers similar benefits as the time-proven laparoscopic antireflux procedures, by reducing hiatal hernia, recreating the Angle of His, and creating a Gastroesophageal Valve (GEV). The key differences are that EsophyX™ TIF is a transorally performed non-invasive procedure (through the mouth), does not require incisions, and does not dissect any part of the natural internal anatomy.
check out www.nocutsurgery.co.uk for information on Esophyx!
I had the surgery on 8/19/10 and I will return to work next week.  I researched it thoroughly before deciding, and so far so good.  The best part is that if for any reason it doesn't solve my problems I still have the option of doing a lap nissen down the road.  They recommend PPI's and a liquid diet for the first 1-2 weeks after surgery to allow for healing.  I am a little sore from the procedure (chest and back pain on and off) and positioning involved, but swallowing is good, and it seems to have improved my ineffective motility disorder and no reflux currently shown, according to prior manometry and current barrium swallow just done.

How do you feel now, please reply i am suffering a lot, sore throat, no voice because of reflux. i want to go for TIF surgery but i want to be sure before going for it, as i just found about it.