GERD (Acid Reflux) Expert Forum
Esophagus pain after eating
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Esophagus pain after eating

I have sharp pain about 2 to 3 seconds after I swallow well chewed food at what feels like the very bottom of my esophagus. No matter what I am eating it appears to be the same. I drink allot of water and the pain subsides. It is only for about 3-5 seconds then it is as if I have no problems at all. I then take the next mouthful and have the same experience again. I am pain free unless I am eating. I am suffering from a cold at the moment and do not know if that has any influence?