GERD (Acid Reflux) Expert Forum
Facial Flushing with GERD?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Facial Flushing with GERD?

I am a 41yr old female and I have been suffering from buring sensations within my chest, particularly today it is my right side- even feel in my neck.  I have a scheduled appointment with a gastroenterologist next week.  Yesterday I visited my GP and she double checked with an EKG and everything was normal there, so we are going with the assumption of GERD.  Both yesterday and today I have noticed facial flushing- I can feel my face starting to get hot and I look red.  It lasts a good hour.   I do suffer from some anxiety issues, currently only taking Xanax when needed (which it has been a while since I have).  

Is it possible to have facial flushing with GERD?  How about the burning in the neck and shoulder, as well?  My GP has prescribed Nexium, but the insurance has approved yet so I have only been taking Prilosec Over The Counter, once a day.   Right now I have the burning in my chest and neck -right side.

I have never smoked, social drinker of wine on weekends, occassionally a glass of red wine with dinner.   I do have mitro valve and hypo thyroidism....

Thank you for your time.