GERD (Acid Reflux) Expert Forum
Food getting stuck in throat
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Food getting stuck in throat

Hi, I am a 28 year old female and a smoker. Off and on I get a feeling of something stuck in my throat when theres really nothing there. The doctor said I had anxiety but also scoped my throat last summer and said I do have acid reflux. I don't really get heartburn but I do get stabbing pains in my throat that spread to my chest and drinking water usually helps. For the last year or so, I have had problems with food getting stuck in my throat when I eat anything, even cottage cheese sometimes but bread and meat are the worst. It won't go down and hurts and I drink enough and it finally goes down. Sometimes I get hiccups when it's stuck. I am also a bit of a hypocondirac. My question is this: Are these all really symptoms of acid reflux because when I look these up online, it says that is a symptom of esophagus cancer and now I'm worried about it. I know I need to quit smoking so I'm going to try. I have no insurance to get another scope so do you think the last scope a little over a year ago wouldn't shown up if it was that? The doctor at the walk in clinic put me on aciphex but I ran out of sample and am now taking prilosec otc. Thanks!