For Breathlessness
Yes, there are causes for the breathlessness.   Before I had surgery I suffered with this and have this sypmtom after 16 years.  You should have had a upper GI Barium Swallow to see if there is a hiatal hernia.  However, I had this and it showed not hernia.  When I had surgery for the funoplication wrap for my valve they discovered a hiatal hernia so bad that my valve and stomach were in my upper chest cavity.  With a hiatal hernia it can cause breathing problems so bad that I got panic attacks with them.  Also, it might be your asphogus is raw.  The only medication that has ever worked for me without increasing chest pain and pressure making breathing had is Prevacid at 40 mg strengh to heal and control acid.  Also a upper chest xray from the front and side may show a hiatal hernia.  How was it determined you have mild acid?  I was told that after a PH probe test.  However, like you my problem came and went.  It took a third PH test that the Dr. waited until I was miserable and had everything set up that when I was bad to immediately have the PH probe put in my asphosgus just above the valve.  Wow, he was shocked and I was scheduled for immediate surgery.  Apparently, the acid was traveling into my bronchial tubes and vocal cords.  I could have drowned on the acid.  This could be a problem for you too.   Go and get as may tests as needed and if your doctor wont do them then GET A NEW DOCTOR.  I had to.   Good luck and my thoughts are with you as my wrap may have stretched and I am now having breathing troubles too.  I'm 54 yrs and you are too young to go through life living like this.  It took two years before I was given the surgery that gave me 16 years of normal living.  Don't give up on finding out what is causing this because it's not all in your head"

This discussion is related to Breathlessness common with reflux?.

Hi, thanks for sharing ur info and to add info to a thread u click on the title and add ur comment in the post comment box.......

Again thanks for adding ur experience and words of encouragement.

"selma"
Glad to have given the encouragement.  Still waiting myself for my GI appointment in three weeks.  Thanks for helping add the comment too.