GERD and PPI's - taste and saliva
  For three years I have experienced thick sticky saliva and a bad taste in my mouth. This is 24/7 occurrence although the taste seems to not get bad until around 11:30 am right before lunch. Then it gets worse as the day goes on - live on sugarfree candy and chewing gum to blot out the taste.

When I take medicines, I taste them 24/7. I am being treated for GERD - took dexilant for two weeks which gave me horrible headaches, nausea and sleep problems. Tasted the medicine 24/7. When switched to protonix last week, taste in my mouth changed. Taking 40 mg. before dinner. Headaches are less, sleep is better but very nauseated. Will these symptoms abate?

I have been to fabulous doctors - had esophageal mamonetry tests, 24 hr. PH tests, endoscopies, colonoscopy and esophagram (which showed refluxing). All other tests were normal. Have bad IBS forever Only medicine I am on other than protonix is 10 mg. of elavil and .25 mg of ativan to help with sleep.

When I take antibiotics, the taste of acid comes into my mouth - sore throat, hoarse and awakened in the middle of the night with pain in the chest that goes around back.

Anyone ever experience this?? Both the taste issue and the reactions to PPi's?