GERD and Shortness of Breath
Two years ago, I suddenly experienced shortness of breath.  This quickly developed into a constant ache and tightness in my chest, and occasional, but severe, tightness in my neck and throat area. My deep breathing was severely restricted in that it often takes several attempts to get a good deep breath or yawn.  Also, I can no longer sneeze from deep in my diaphragm. I have had ultrasounds, stress tests, X-rays, blood tests, breathing tests and the only thing they have found is that I have acid reflux (diagnosed through a barium swallow and endoscopy).  I have been on mediation for this, but are still experiencing shortness of breath all the time.  I still question if this is the root cause, as the symptoms came on very suddenly and were like nothing I had experienced before.  The doctors have also tried to blame in on anxiety, but I was not having any stress at that time and have since taken much more time off from work.  I have tried, yoga, massage, active release therapy, and I exercise alot, to no avail.  I am 126 lbs and 47 years old.
Hi...I know this is very distressing not to know what is causing what and y u r feeling like this......did u have ne MRI's of ur cervical spine?

Do u have ne other symptoms u do not consider r related to this?

U did not mention what meds u r on that r not working for u...there r 2 types.....one r PPI's and the other H2 blockers......I took PPI's for yrs and recently they stopped working for me...the H2 blockers work great....so do ask ur dr if u can try something else...remember to also follow the GERD diet and lifestyle changes.

"selma"