GERD and dental problems
I was wondering if anyone else had GERD and experienced significant and fast changes in their teeth and gums.  I am not sure if my gums are receeding or teeth eroding or both!  whatever is happening is definitely due to GERD and most likely whilst I'm asleep as my bottom teeth seem to be more affected.
Really not sure what to do about this.  Anyone had any success with treatment either via Gastro doc, or even Dentist or Orthadontist?
Not even too sure who to approach, but if I don't do anything soon, I wont have any teeth left in a few years!
G
Yes, my teeth and gums were damaged from GERD.  I noticed the enamel on my teeth was eroding and quickly forming black spots, a very upsetting thing.  I went to my dentist and he and his staff eliminated the possibility of having an eating disorder (people who force themselves to vomit get bad teeth and gums) and GERD was the primary suspect of my issues.  I had medical problem that caused a few hours of very, very violent retching (a bowel obstruction) about six months before that was surgically repaired.  A visit to the Internist revealed that the LES valve which keeps acid out of the esophagus was ruined by the violent retching.
I went through a number of confirming tests, and the tests showed not only teeth and gum problems, but also a pre-cancerous condition called Barrett's Esophagus.  I agreed to another surgery called a Nissen Fundoplication which was very successful.  Prior to the surgery I was told to raise the head of my bed at least six inches by placing boards under the bed posts.  Adding pillow to elevate the head simply doesn't work.  I also was told to take Gorilla-size doses of Prilosec exactly as prescribed.  Five years after the surgery I still haven't taken any medications for GERD, and had my teeth coated and am still receiving comprehensive tooth cleaning every three months.
The speed in which stomach acid can destroy teeth and gums is astounding.  I'd start with your dentist, then visit an Internal Medicine doctor.  In the meantime, raise the head of your bed, try not to eat or drink three hours before bedtime.  I'd encourage you to seek medical intervention and avoid herbal/natural 'cures' as frankly, time is important.
Hope that helps, keep us informed.  

Hi As Flycaster said it is possible and there is even a few toothpastes on the market to help with the enamel issues from acidic foods which may be helpful to those of us with reflux...something to consider.

See both a GI dr and ur dentist to get help for all ur issues.