GERD (Acid Reflux) Expert Forum
GERD and shortness of breath
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

GERD and shortness of breath

I have been getting short of breath for several months, at rest and walking.  I am usually worse in the A.M. upon getting  up and have a tightness in my chest area, cough (non-productive) for about a half-hour and hoarsness in A.M.  I had a stress test this week and it was o.k., although my b.p. went to 250 during the test; scan of my heart afterwards was o.k.  Now I don't know if I should see a pulmonologist or could this be caused by GERD, which I have?  My family doctor said it could be GERD or weight too, as I am about 20# overweight with excess fat around my middle.