GERD or costo? confused.
I have been having off and on pain under my left breast and to the right of it - also back and forth between sides in my upper chest wall.  my doctor thinks it is GERD or costochondritis but has done no tests.  frustrating.  told me to take GERD meds for a few weeks consistently to see if it helps.  well it hasn't.  no xrays, nothing.  does anyone have GERD and no real taste of acid reflux?  i also carry my 3 yr old son sometimes and carried a bunch of boxes at work which seemed to bring the pain back.  i have been to chiropractor which hasn't helped much.  he thinks i have a rib or two out and keeps adjusting me.  i have had and told them sternum pain and this is what they come up with.  said GERD can cause that.  i'm sick of guesses.  what tests should they be administering and does this sound like GERD?  i would think the meds would help more.  i'm not sure it is associated with eating really.
You should have a pH test called a manometry.  It's uncomfortable, but it's not painful.  You should also have an endoscopy.
I agree w/FBM....if ur dr is not doing the testing then go to a diff dr, preferably a GI dr.

"selma"