GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
GERD since 4 to 5 months

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

GERD since 4 to 5 months

Dear Doctor,
I have these conditions since September 2012.
I used to belch during the day, since 2008 year. No acidity, it was only gas. I was normal.
Then in September 2012 one of my friend had angioplasty done (he used to have heart burn and at the end it lead to heart issue) and I was scared since I also have belching issue and then after 1 or 2 days I felt like burning sensation near the chest (heart burn). I consulted the hospital. They did tests for h-Pylori and ECG and found nothing. Then they did endoscopy (in my stomach) for my GERD. Doctors, after endoscopy, said it is gastritis (and no ulcers etc).  But strangely my mouth walls became sore and jaw pain. When ever I feel more pain under my chest/heart burn kind of thing i have this mouth walls soreness and severe jaw pain both sides.  Omeprozole is not at all working for my GERD. If I take antacid like Gaviscon it works. And i feel better. But after i stop the Gaviscon antacid again it comes back. Even if I jog in the morning my throat pains. When i asked the doctor about jaw pain they said it is related to dental issue. I consulted dentist he found nothing and said, there may be wisdom tooth. But in my opinion it (mouth walls soreness and jaw pain) is related to GERD.  
Could you please advise me (if you have noticed these in other patients) what is this disease about?
What should I do, since Omeprazole is not working for me even after taking 1 month (morning one and evening one tablet , half an hr before food).
For the jaw pain, if it is wisome tooth, will it be seen if it get X-ray done in my jaw part?

Thanks and Regards
hkvy

Hi and welcome to the GERD forum.

This is a support forum, and no medical professionals answer questions here....we r like u, people with GERD issues sharing what we have learned along our journey's with this condition.

There is an expert forum where u can ask a Dr a question if u prefer -
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/GERD-Acid-Reflux/show/200
Avatar n tn
thanks. it is ok.
Any body out there had this symptoms of jaw pain and mouth soreness (on the cheeks) along with acidity problem
rgds...
Gastro Tracker
Gastro