Gastritis---> GERD---> IBS
Hi All,
June 2011 I went for upper GI endoscopy post continues symptoms of heart burns, bloatted stomach and stomach pain. Docs concluded I have Gastritis and IBS. since then I was on Nexium for few weeks. heart burn stopped but B12 Vitamin went low to 110s. So stopped Nexium. But very often, I do get coughing in night when I lie down, heart burns, breathless and pain in upper stomach portion. am Obese  with 110Kgs wgt for 5.8 inch height. need to loose 30 kgs. trying everything. I will loose weight from back, legs chest...but not from abdominal. when i stop work out i will put on all the fats around Abdominal. this worsens the gastritis. I have also observed that first I will get GERD for few days, followed by stomach pain for next few days and then IBS for next few days. then system completely kind of shuts down. eating curd in night is worst as next day morning I will have completely white tongue

Daily morning I have bad taste in mouth and a white tongue. Due to excessive lower belly, my trousers fit tight when am sitting on chair.

apart from loosing weight, plz assist what tests should I do again to diagonse and treat this sequence.

Hi...ne weight change ne it a gain or loss will cause the reflux symptoms to flare, so this is no reason to stop....keep working on ur diet modifications...eat healthy...not fatty, greasy  or spicy acidic foods.....

Also do not wear tight clothes, eat 3 to 4 hrs prior to laying down, elevate the head of ur bed to allow gravity to keep the acid down where it belongs,

What did ur Dr say in regards to the white tongue? This is reflux and u need to be on meds until u have it resolved....see ur GI Dr and work with him/her with diet/weight loss and getting this all under control.

Also ask about using probiotics and magnesium to help with ur IBS issues......
Thanks for the inputs on the high activity during weight change. to confirm GERD as diagnosis, have to go thro chect exray and abdominal Ultra.. i guess these are more needed to write off other issues

Yes it is always best to rule out other possibilities along the way....not that nething gets overlooked.

Good luck on the other testing...let us know how it goes for u <3