GERD (Acid Reflux) Expert Forum
Gerd and boating

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Gerd and boating

Hi, I have a ongoing problem for the past two months. I have been having an issue with acid reflux for about two monthis now. I get also have been unusally bloated for about a month. My doctor switched me from Famotadine to Omprazole. Omprazole is okay but I am constantly belching and I am unusually bloated for the past two months. I do empty my stomach from time to time but I still get bloated and I don't eat too much. I have been going to the doctor's offfice for about the past couple of months. They did a stool test for H Phylori it came back negative and then they checked my thyroid it was normal and theys said my iron level is low. I just had an endoscopy done for my upper intestinal tract the doctor said everything was fine. I don't know what to do anymore. I feel so much anxiety with these symptoms. I don't know what to do? I have to go back to the doctor on Friday. I don't know what my other option is at this point cause all these visits to the doctors office is costing me a lot of money.
If you are not a a probotic ...start today!! this will take care of most if not all of these symptoms.. I take FLORASTOR....google it. Start out with 2 in the AM and 2 in the PM for about a week you will notice the difference.
Also look into things  like Candida.
Hey thanks for the information. Yeah I started the whole probiotic thing about 6 weeks ago with activia. The other day I picked up some Acidophilus Plus I started taking that two times a day. But my doctor said that I show go back to her in one month and tell her how my symptoms are at that point. It drives me crazy. Candida I don't know to much about but I will find out. They did a stool culture test for H Phylori about a few weeks ago and it came back negative for H Phylori. I don't know if they found Candida in there if they would have told me about it. Thanks so much. I will buy that probitoic that you recommended.
I had the worst stomach pain for five years. I actually bruised my stomach when I had gastritis and food poisoning occuring at the same time. It sucked.   My reflux came back, and I knew I had to get rid of it.  But I found a cure for myself. This really works. I take a teas spoon of apple cider vinegar mixed with 10 ounces of water before I eat in the morning.  Any brand will do.  I drink apple cider vinegar with water in the afternoon. Twice a day.  And, I take a refrigerated probiotic called Bio-K. in the morning before I eat.  There are other probiotic  brands that work as well.  Bio-K. is a very strong and very potent probiotic but there are others. Refrigerated probiotics are stronger, but supplements work too. Go to Whole Foods or another health food store and ASK.  I take this or a probiotic supplement once a day. I also have Lifeway Keifer often  in my diet.  I do not take those  horrible pills for my stomach anymore.

Who would've thought? I am amazed at the results. I have no stomach pain now. Apple cider vinegar neutralizes the acid in your stomach so it is disarmed and it can't do anything. The probiotic gives my stomach something that was lacking in my diet. Do it because these things really worked for me and I was in bad shape. I was very depressed for so long, but I am not anymore, thank God. Doctors will not tell you about apple cider vinegar or probiotics, they are part of the drug problem.