GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
Gerd or something else??

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Gerd or something else??

I am a 36 yr old female who has been suffering from stomach issues and gerd since I was 21 yrs old. For the past 6 months or so I have had 4 episodes of severe upper abdominal pain and vomiting. First time this occured I went to the emergency room where they performed an xray and I was told it was gastritis/gerd and sent home. I was then put on a stronger antacid for my gerd and was fine for a few months. A few days ago it happened again. Starts off as a sharp stabbing pain in my upper abdomen and eventually leads to nausea and vomitting. The vomitting will last anywhere from 8-9 hrs and is always accompanied by abdominal pain, hot flashes, cold sweats and dizziness. Once this subsides my stomach will be sore and it will take anywhere from 1-2 weeks to go back to normal. I am losing weight because I have no appetite. My doctor seems to think its acid related. This is starting to make me nervous and I am scared it will happen again soon.

Go to ur GI dr and make sure this is not a Gall Bladder issue or something else...u should not have vomiting like that and my dad had it like this would go to the ER and sent home it went on for months he kept saying he felt it was his GB and they would send him home....he was very ill by the time they kept him...so, make an appointment and be seen.

Post and update on ur progress.
Avatar n tn
Thank you for your response. I do have an appt with my doctor tomorrow and hopefully they can figure out what is going on. Back in April while I was in the er they said they checked my gallbladder and was okay but I would like for them to check again!
Gastro Tracker
Gastro
Listeria Risk Triggers Huge Frozen ...
26 mins ago by gymdandee
zouzi commented on Please be aware of th...
May 02
Please be aware of this!!!!!!
May 02 by gymdandee