GERD (Acid Reflux) Expert Forum
Heartburn after Gallbladder removal and ERCP
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Heartburn after Gallbladder removal and ERCP
I had my gallbladder removed along with ERCP to remove stone in common duct 3 weeks ago. Since then I have constant burning feeling mostly in chest, sometimes it moves to back, lower abdomen, etc. Dr. prescribed Pepcid which stopped working after a week, then prescribed sucralfate and Prilosec which I've been taking almost a week - hardly working. I can't get an appt. with gastroenterologist for 2 more weeks! What could this burning be? Bile floating around? Acid - too much or too little?? My primary care dr. said this feeling is common after gallbladder surgery. What can I take for it? (I am eating small amounts of bland and lowfat food - I have no other digestive issues.)
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi,
This is part of post-cholecystectomy syndrome.
PPI with lifestyle modfications would be helpful.
If symptoms persists, evaluation has to be done with upper GI endoscopy and 24 hours pH monitoring.
================================================================
The information provided is for patients’ education only and is not a medical advice. Always consult your personal physician for complete evaluation of your health problem.

- Ratnakar Kini M.D.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now