GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
Heartburn causes?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Heartburn causes?

For two weeks i have been using copious amounts of prescribed eye drops for  a condition called Posner Schlossman Syndrome. I awoke one morning with a fierce pain in my head and totally blind in my left eye.
At any rate my Opthomologist has now curtailed the drops to just Predisoline, Combigan & Pred Forte daily in both eyes . He said it was unusual for both eyes to be affected at the same time though the blindness is only present in the left eye.
I have started having severe heartburn in my throat and esophagus and am asking if the accumulative drops can be causing the severe heartburn
? Thanks for any information about this.

Hi...I am not familiar with what med u are on or if it could cause the issues...ur local Pharmacist could.... especially when it comes to the drops since u did not mention the name here....we can look up side effects of meds...but all of us react to the meds differently so ur Dr and ur Pharmacist are better able to help u with this one.

Also, if u r stressed out over all of this , that could be attributing to ur heartburn.....

Do post  an update on ur progress
Hello and thanks for your response to my problem. I was feeling worse daily with every bad symptom in the list of Combigan side effects, so my eye doctor took me off them. Now I use one drop of Prednisalone in each eye daily plus, seven drops daily in my left eye of Pred Forte (generic) drops and four of this drop in my right eye. I also am half way through a series of recurrant wet macula degeneration, the Retina specialist using Avastin. Today i will ask my Opthomologist about continuing that process.
I can see well with my right eye but poorly in the plagued left one. It is by gosh and by guess how long it will be before the right eye succumbs to both diseases.
Thank you for your interest and have a great Thanksgiving Day. Muriel D.

I pray the treatment being used for ur eyes works to prolong deterioration.....

Always call ur Dr ASAP when u have side effects to a med, they can change it for u to something else....

Thank u, and u as well enjoy ur Thanksgiving : )
Hi Selma,
         After several days off the Combigan drops, I have started to feel human again. That was a very bad patch! My eye doctor (one of three) has now cut me back to one drop in each eye of Pilocapene in the morning and four drops of Predisolone (generic Pred Forte) in the left eye and three drops a day in the right eye of that drop. I use Refresh during the day as the doctor directed plus Genteal salve in each eye at night.
My vision has improved but has a long way to go and I was told that my left eye pupil may not close in day light and I will have glare in bright light if that does not do so.
All in all, I am grateful for the recovery so far but must tell folks to watch carefully for terrible symptoms if and when they use any eye drops. If they do see a bad reaction, I wish to tell them to run, do not walk to their Opthomologist. I learned the hard way.
Thanks so much for your interest and messages to me Selma. God Bless you and yours.                                         Sincerely, Muriel D.

So glad u r feeling better Muriel....and u have improvement in ur vision too, fantastic news !!

When ever u have a side effect from nething Rx'd always call ur Dr ot pharmacist ASAP...

Thanks for sharing ur good news : )
Gastro Tracker
Gastro
mcorrell98 commented on photo
21 mins ago
ChitChatNine uploaded a new photo
1 hr ago
Nacht246 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Aug 22