GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
Heartburn sensation with no response to antacids
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Heartburn sensation with no response to antacids

I've been having heartburn sensation for around one month now. I think it's stress related as it started once I've started having relationship problems.
I've tried rantidine 150mg twice a day in the morning and before sleeping and it did nothing at all, I doubled the dose but no effect or whatsoever.
I've also tried carbonate tablets but it only relieved the pain for 2 mins or something.
I've found that the only thing that relieves the feeling is simply eating, I don't have heartburn or whatsoever as long as my stomach is full, and I've also noticed that the symptoms only occur while I'm at home; if I spent the whole day in any outside activity I only get the symptoms once I get back home.
I've got no other symptoms than the heartburn and simple regurge/reflux every two days or something.
What should I do?