GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
Help

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Help

Im 32 male. For last 3-4 months i hv problem of acidity, burning sensation and lose of appetite. 3-4 hours after having lunch it is worsen. And if i lay down it becomes more severe. I went to Dr. and he prescribed Esomeprazole 40mg. I toke it for a month time. After leaving medicine matter came back again. I anybody tell me why is this and how can i get rid of this disease?

HI and welcome to the GERD forum.

Instead of laying flat u may want to elevate the head of ur bed and allow gravity to help keep the acids down where they belong....sleeping on ur left side can aid digestion too.

U will want to modify ur diet and lifestyle....in addition to taking meds....there are certain foods u want to avoid...and some that are safe to have...see the list in the Health Pages .....http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/list?cid=236

Once u r on a med for GERD u should not just stop taking it as u will have what is known as rebound, the symptoms just come back as the meds stop the acid from being produced so u feel better and heal....but, if u stop taking them ur body will go back to producing the acids and many times over produce them...u should slowly step off the meds  to help avoid this.And have a healthy diet in place and a way to relax and reduce stress in ur life....
Thank you very much dear