Hiccups caused by acid/indigestion?
For the last few years I have suffered from random hiccups. Well, they seem like hiccups, but right before the hiccup, I feel acid reflux or indigestion, and then I get what seems like a random hiccup. I had my gallbladder removed last year. They seem to be becoming more frequent, and I am just wondering what could be causing this. Any ideas? Both of my parents suffer from Hiatal hernia, could this be the cause? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Hi... Yes, hiccups could be an indication that u have a hiatal hernia.....go back to ur GI dr and ask about this,

There r things u can do, and some feel it is not one idea that works, but there r some chiropractors that can do manipulation to move the hernia...thus helping with symptoms.I have not tried this, and I personally would b4 going for surgery, just to try it.We r all diff and respond to diff meds and treatments diff, so we each have to find what works best for us....and this  method is not as perm as surgery and y I suggest trying it and leaving surgery as the last option unless ur Dr feels for medical reasons u need to have surgery.

Follow a modified diet to help cut back on the reflux, and life style can be modified as well...not tight clothes especially with a hiatal hernia.....we do have a list in the Health Pages - tips and foods that are safe ; http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/list?cid=236

"selma"