GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
I actually succeeded in swallowing lump in throat, what?!

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Over 3 years ago I got the feeling of a lump in the back of my throat, every time I swallow saliva or anything I feel like I'm swallowing over it, it never hurt or anything, just annoying, I've gotten use to it, I almost forgot it wasn't always there..  yesterday I had a dry itchy sore throat and an uncontrollable urge to swallow this feeling of mucusy stuff, I swallowed hard over and over til my throat was very sore from swallowing, and like the billionth time I swallowed I actually swallowed the lump thing down. It's gone. My throat feels empty and odd  like its missing something. it even hurts there now  a little, it feels relieving having a clear swallow (if that makes sense)  and now I have this feeling like I'm swallowing something in the lower bottom of my throat now much less noticeable though. Also before I could hack up some the  phlegm I felt it in my throat now now when I try to get it up I feel it coming up my throat but right before it comes to my mouth its like it goes somewhere else and nothing comes out.   I've looked all over the enet and the "lump feeling" is common but nothing  at all of anyone actually swallowing it. Any idea whats going on?! Please help!
Hi kylizaiadal,

I just finished reading your comments. I don't know what's going on.
I think it's time to see your family doctor. Did you ever tell your family
doctor about the " feeling of a lump in the back of your throat".
I would tell your doctor about the "lump " thing if you haven't already.
Your doctor should know about this. He or she might have an idea
of what it is. If they don't they will probably give you a referral to an
ears, nose and throat specialist.  Best of luck to you. Eve :)