GERD (Acid Reflux) Expert Forum
I have Barrett's Esophagus ??
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I have Barrett's Esophagus ??

I am 21 years old and and I just found out that I have barrett's esophagus what are my choices that have that would help me in the long run ?  Thanks :)
Related Discussions
Hi,
You need to control GERD with PPI and lifestyle modifications.
Barrett's esophagus is a premalignant condition.
Followup endoscopy should be planned  and the schedule  is based on the histopathological features.
7 Comments
Blank
I just recently got and esophagus and they want to do surgy but my aunt haves the same thing and she's on meds couldn't I just get meds to help I have been eatting right and loseing weight and I have been doing much better that way.
Blank
Can I have the biopsy report?
Blank
Yea.

Esophagus, Biopsy:   Gastric and squamous mucosa with chronic inflammation and associated reactive epithelial changes.  Intestinal metaplasia identified by special stain.
No dysplasia was noted in the submiitted tissues.

Reson I am so concered about surgery is because I also have  Asthma and Rheumatoid Arthritis !!
Blank
Also I was going to ask you about this test I had done its called Esophageal Manometry Report. My measured was 0.9 is that normal?

Blank
Why the doctor want to do surgery?

What is that 0.9? Give more details.
Blank
I don't know why they want to do surgery It don't make sense to me that's why I was asking you to see what you thought about the Esophagus, Biopsy and if  you thought surgery was the right answer or if there were meds that I could take.

But the 0.9 is the presser that he said was from this test Esophageal Manometry test that he did.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
4610897_tn?1393869202
Joseph Sclafani, M.D.Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979