I have Barrett's Esophagus ??
I am 21 years old and and I just found out that I have barrett's esophagus what are my choices that have that would help me in the long run ?  Thanks :)
You need to control GERD with PPI and lifestyle modifications.
Barrett's esophagus is a premalignant condition.
Followup endoscopy should be planned  and the schedule  is based on the histopathological features.
I just recently got and esophagus and they want to do surgy but my aunt haves the same thing and she's on meds couldn't I just get meds to help I have been eatting right and loseing weight and I have been doing much better that way.
Can I have the biopsy report?
Yea.

Esophagus, Biopsy:   Gastric and squamous mucosa with chronic inflammation and associated reactive epithelial changes.  Intestinal metaplasia identified by special stain.
No dysplasia was noted in the submiitted tissues.

Reson I am so concered about surgery is because I also have  Asthma and Rheumatoid Arthritis !!
Also I was going to ask you about this test I had done its called Esophageal Manometry Report. My measured was 0.9 is that normal?

Thanks :)
Why the doctor want to do surgery?

What is that 0.9? Give more details.
I don't know why they want to do surgery It don't make sense to me that's why I was asking you to see what you thought about the Esophagus, Biopsy and if  you thought surgery was the right answer or if there were meds that I could take.

But the 0.9 is the presser that he said was from this test Esophageal Manometry test that he did.