GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
I have GERD and need some help or advice

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Hi, I'm Cy this past few days I don't feel so good with my stomach. this is how it start 3 weeks ago i start to have a deep cough like as asthma I feel stress out my body so I decided to see a Physician for check-up...the she gave me four kinds of medicine later that night after I eat I took medicine...then i just take some rest then sleep...while I'm sleeping that night I already starting to have a fever, my body feels shaking like having an anxiety, my visions became blurry...so just go back to bed and sleep...the other day I feel like so stress and weak...I think that the medicine is something to do with what I feel last night. the other day i need to go to work...while I'm working I still feels tension on my body and still have a stress type condition, that day as well my feces started to be soft and watery it's like a diarrhea but it's just happens 3 times so I think i have a different problem... so went to see another Doctor... this time he gave me 4 kinds of medicine...as i took the medicine i feels me well my coughing is starting to reduce and my feces starting to became solid...but still my stomach feels like it's always full and its hard for me to swallow food with some fluid substance on my mouth that my mouth became dry and my lips are drying as well, my chest having pain like it became tight...after a few days i went to see the Doctor again and he said that I have a GERD problem... he gave me medicine...when i took the medicine that day started to have a short fever and headaches...I just want to ask is possible to have a fever and headaches if you have GERD... I mean is fever and headaches can be part of GERD?
Hi Heavensent22,

Fever and headaches should not be related to GERD. However your GERD can be so severe that you aspirated some stomach contents in your sleep. When you aspirate, it can cause a URI (upper respiratory infection) which in turn could cause a fever.

Severe GERD can also cause coughing. Good luck to you.

Tuckamore