Is this Acid Reflux? I'm really not sure? Help please. :(
hey there all.
i'm 17 years old and THINK i have acid reflux but i'm not certain at the moment. basically the symptoms i've been having is...

- food/drink that feels like it's coming back up into my throat after every minute or so of eating or drinking. (it never comes up into my mouth except for rare occasions)
- sometimes i would feel chunks of food in my throat that sticks there and its really uncomfortable and sometimes i belch and a bit of food comes up into my mouth. (disgusting i know) is this regurgitation?
- sometimes i belch and i have a vomit/acid like taste in my mouth which is vile.
- lump in throat thats making me feel nauseous
- i havent had a normal belch in years.. they're all tiny and need to be forced.
- most of the time whenever i get the feeling of food/drink coming up into my throat i belch and it feels better temporarily.

Ive left this for years since i thought it was only trapped wind or so and now i'm worried sick that i've delevoped cancer of the esophagus or something else.

Hi and welcome to the Chiari forum,

This could be a hiatal hernia or other issue and should be reviewed by a GI dr asap, the longer u let this go it could become a more difficult issue to treat.

Please see ur Dr.....not all GERD symptoms mean u have too much acid, it could mean u have too little as well...so get tested.

All the reflux that u bring up (bile/vomit) can do damage.