GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
Just had the 24hour PH test

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Just had the 24hour PH test

Hi all,

With fear and trembling I arrived at Guys hospital yesterday, to have the 24hr PH test carried out, and like going to the dentists it's not as bad as you think it will be. The procedure is unpleasant, there's no getting around that, but it's over pretty quickly. Living with the monitor has its own "challenges" but again it's not as bad as you think, eating is interesting, as the food going down tugs on the probe, so soft foods are not a bad idea. If you are due for this procedure I would not worry about it.

Hi...thanks for sharing that bit of info, I have not had to have this testing done as of yet, but am glad to hear u  found it was not such a bad thing to worry over....and the soft food idea  is great....I am sure this will help others facing this testing : )

Keep us posted on what u find out <3
Avatar n tn
glad you had a good experience,  My daughter had a PH probe when she was 8 months old, so we had to stay at the hospital--it was 3 hours away from home.

She acted like she didn't even know it was there.  She actually seemed better that day than normal---but her test results came back horrible--but we learned a lot of info from having it done.

She ended up having a fundo at almost 10 months old.
Gastro Tracker
Gastro
Truth in Olive Oil
17 hrs ago by gymdandee
Eliminate This ONE Ingredient and W...
Jun 25 by gymdandee
flipper336 "I always think that the be... Comment
Jun 24