Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication
I had Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication 6 weeks ago.  I have not been able to progress to solid food, and just had a Barium Swallow Test done, at which time the Radiologist told me that the wrap was too tight, and that my esophagus was not contracting properly.  I go see my surgeon soon, but I was wondering what is the procedure for correcting this.

Hi...I have not had this procedure and am sorry I have no idea...please pop back on  and let us know what u find out and how ur surgeon is able to help u.

Best of luck to u : )

"selma"
I've had the procedure, and it was very much a success.  Prior to the surgery, I had tests to be sure I had a good 'swallow' ability.  I can't remember the name of the test, but I'd ask the surgeon if that test was performed prior to the surgery.  If the test wasn't done, the doctor needs to explain why.   If the procedure needs to be re-done, I'd have the procedure done at a teaching hospital.