GERD (Acid Reflux) Expert Forum
Lightheadedness associated with GERD

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Lightheadedness associated with GERD

Hi.  I am a 24-year old female who was just diagnosed with having GERD.  I was told by my PCP to take Pepcid, but of course, that didn't work too well.  I ended up going to the ER because I was having severe nausea along with severe lightheadedness.  They gave me some fluids and told me to start taking reglan and to continue with the pepcid.  After 4 days, the lighheadedness still didn't let up, so I made and appointment to see my PCP who took me off the meds from the ER and gave me zegerid.  He told me that the lightheadedness is because of the GERD and the meds from before.  I have taken the zegerid since Wednesday, but I am still lightheaded and the GERD symtpoms seem to be under control.  What should I do to stop this?  I spoke to a Neurosurgery RN who told me that she tells her patients to eats peppermint and drink chamomile tea, but I have done both and no rellief at all.  Please help with anything you can!  Thanks!

-Jamie
Lightheadedness is a not a feature of GERD. Kindly post your question in the following forum -
http://www.medhelp.org/forum_disclaimers/show/135