GERD (Acid Reflux) Expert Forum
Low stomach acid causing bloating/indigestion/malabsorption
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Low stomach acid causing bloating/indigestion/malabsorption

hello, i have been having panic attacks for about 5 months now and one of the panic attacks caused acid reflux, the dr thought it was acid reflux disease (gerd) but really it was not as later found out thru a scope. (panic attacks sometimes can cause acid reflux and it did one that 1 attack) anyways, for about 2 months, while i was misdiagnosed for having acid reflux/GERD, i was prescribed PPI's (prilosec/omeprazole), i took them 2 times a day for 2 months and i really didnt see any improvement from them, actually they caused more stomach pain. Anyways, i have stopped them for about 2 months now but every time i eat, even with small-medium size meals, i get extremely bloated to the point where its hard to breathe, also when i enter food into my mouth and swallow the first bite, my heart races and pounds inside my throat, I believe that taking these super potent anti acid pills which i didnt need in the first place, have delepted my body of stomach acid and i dont have adequate amounts left in my stomach.

How can I increase HCL / stomach acid in my stomach so i can eliminate the bloating and digest/absorb my food properly again and possibly rid myself of this racing / pounding heart non-sense.

And also, i have read a few places that says taking PPIs for more than 2-3 weeks is not recommended. I have also read that they mess up the balance of other vitamins and nutrients.

Please get back to me those with input thanks