GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
Lump in throat feeling and now raspy voice

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

I'm getting worried. My symptoms seem to be geting worse and worse. I saw the doctor last week and they told me to increase the Nexium to twice a day. I'm getting an upper GI with SBFT on Monday. I want to request an endoscopy too. They agree it sounds like GERD. I'm worried it could become Barretts.
I've had constant hearburn for awhile now. The last month or so I've felt a constant lump in my throat. Now my voice is sounding raspy. Is this a symptom of GERD or something worse? I pray it doesn't move to Barretts. I'm getting a little more concerned.
Hi April...do u have post nasal drip also?

Have u had ur thyroid checked recently?

Reflux can affect the vocal cords so it is possible this is from gerd.

I also get the raspy voice, but was told it might also be from my thyroid...so if u haven't been checked u may want to.

"selma"
Was diagnosed recently with barrett's but ya just have to keep a watch on it......i get hoarse and raspy, too...........doc says it's all related, plus I had surgery 4 mths ago and still have it............have lots of chest dryness too
Gastro Tracker
Gastro
50-Year Cover-Up
57 mins ago by gymdandee
Joel78 is frustrated, aching, tire... Comment
May 26
christineyvette Derealization is the WORST Comment
May 26