Lump in throat
For the past day or so I have what feels like a lump in my throat. It is worse when eating. Whenever I eat something I will get a pain in my throat that will travel down to my stomach. I also feel like it is hard to swallow food. I went to see my dr about this and she thought it may be my thyroid but tests were negative. I have also had 3 episodes in the past 5 months where I get a pain in my abdomen (right about the naval area) which is always followed by nausea and vomitting. This will usually last 8 hrs or so and then my abdomen will feel sore for the next few days. I also saw my dr for this problem and she seems to this is related to gerd as well as the lump in the throat. I almost never have heartburn and did not think these types of problems could be related to gerd. This is very worrisome and was wondering if anyone else with gerd has experienced any of these things. Thank you!

HI and welcome to the GERD forum.

There is a type of GERD that is known as Silent GERD meaning u do not always have heart burn, but may have other symptoms.....it is also known as laryngopharyngeal reflux.

Symptoms of Laryngopharyngeal Reflux are:

Continual throat clearing
Chronic throat irritation
Chronic cough
Hoarseness
Excessive phlegm the throat
Dysphagia (difficulty swallowing)
Constant sensation of something in the throat
Swallowed food comes back up
Post nasal drainage
Weak voice
Cracking voice
Blockage of the breathing passage
Spasm of the larynx (voice box)
Wheezing
Sometimes heartburn.

This condition is a result of both UES and LES not working correctly.
And it is possible not to have typical gerd/acid reflux  symptoms.