GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
Lump sensation in throat
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lump sensation in throat

Hi, I have ecently noticed a sensation in my throat similar to something being stuck at the back of my throat. It feels simiar to a parecetemol being stuck back there. This is the only symptom I have - I don't have a sore throat, don't feel unwell etc, but I do feel the need to keep clearing my throat and swallow to ensure the feeling goes (when I clear my throat on occassions there is a small amount of white mucus). I recently had a very nasty chesty cought and was bringing up thick green plegm, but this has not passed and I am not entirely sure if the sensation was there before and during the cough.

I am slightly worried by what this could be and any advice would be much appreciated. I have read stuff online regarding GERD but presumed the reflux must be a noticable sensation of burning in the thoat and I do not have this symptom. I also occassionally have a morning cough (on and off for a while) and nt sure if this is all linked in.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1340994_tn?1374197577
You might indeed have reflux (GERD).  Some people only have symptoms like yours.  GERD can cause asthma-like symptoms.  Also, I have known people with Celiac disease who had a feeling of heartburn as their only symptom, so all these systems are all connected in complex ways.  I remember one woman who just had morning hoarseness, and it was reflux.  I suspect she has Celiac disease due to her other symptoms, but she was never checked for that.  
Blank
Many thanks. I noticed a typo in my post - the cough has NOW passed. I take it that doens't changed your response? Would you also say I am being rediculous to fear this feeling in the throat could be cancer?
Blank
Hi, have you recovered ? I have the same problem as you described.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
GERD (Acid Reflux) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...