MY TOP PART OF MY STOMACH IS SWOLLEN
I found out I have Acid Reflux of which I am taking Lansprasol tablets. Just under my breast at my rib cage this part of my stomach is very swollen! It is now becoming a problem because when I sit down there is this roll of fat that I never had before. Can GERD cause swelling like this or could there be another thing wrong somewhere.

HI and welcome to the GERD forum.

I get that too, but I call it bloating...and I can get the bloating down with meds, watching my diet and keeping my bladder and bowels moving correctly.

This is when I feel most uncomfortable....I owuld imagine u do as well.....it does take a whle for the meds to appear to be effective.

Please keep us posted on ur progress.

"selma"
Yes, same thing happens to my teenage daughter .. the bloat thing!
I was looking up this symptom because right now my dr and the ER doc I just saw today can't figure out why I have stomach "bloating" .I am at my witts end and am having anxiety attacks about it and just have to sit and wait til monday and see my own doc again, then gastroentologist etc. I went to see my doc wed because of the bloating and was told my bowels were backed up. Went to the ER today because I threw up and felt dizzy. (haven't eaten much because of the bloating ) They took xrays and said I'm not backed up, and are treating me for gastritis. Put me on prilosec and benefiber.
what meds are helping you and what diet? I am so uncomfortable.
Hi...my dr put me on miralax......and I take medimucile (sp)........if I forget to take my meds for gerd ....I begin to bloat....but I did notice it does corrolate with when I am not moving my bowels.....

Make sure u r not wearing clothes that r too tight.....

As far as diet, see the Health Pages for the page on foods to avoid and foods that are safe......keep a journal to see what foods affect u....everyone is diff and all the foods on either list may not be accurate for u.

But deff stay away from dairy later in the day....and of course nething that upsets u.

"selma"
Thanks!
the top part of my stomach has been swollen for years. I have asked  my dr they say fat from my weight up?  Has anyone had this problem
my stomach is swollen and i have a pulse on my right side just below my belly button.my doc said i was constipated even though im taking 20 to 30 mg of bisocodol tabs everyday.and i am going to loo everyday.any other suggestions what it could be

Hi...u r on a laxitive so mayb u have some bloating and even tho u r going everyday that does not mean u have emptied out....I would suggest u go to the GI Dr and see if there is a way for u to cleanse with the Drs guidence.

Use a fiber and probiotic and eat healthy.....

Have u have a  colonoscopy?
What kind of meds are u on I have the same thing