Medication question - Omeprazole DR
I usually post in the ENT section because I have been  having mouth and throat problems for a very long time. Long story............ Anyway, been having problems with nausea on and off for some time.  Been feeling like that the past e3 or 4 days again and been mainly been using Pepto or Tums.  Last time this happened, my doc gave me a prescription for Omeprazole DR. 20 mg.  Of course, the day after my appt, the nausea went away so I never tried it.  Well, the nausea is back again and I am a bit concerned about taking this med.  I am not good at taking prescription meds as I've had problems in the past. I was on and off Nexium for some time but the last time I took it, for 4 or 5 mos straight, I had side effects of bad muscle pain.  I know this drug is in the same class.
Was wondering if anyone has used the Omeprazole DR and, if so, any problems/side effects? Did it seem to help?
thanks
Well, I was in so much stomach discomfort and pain I finally just took the medication and it helped!!  Took another one this morning and so far so good.  I just  hate taking pills and esp ones I haven't taken before.  
Omeprazole DR. 20 mg helped me a great deal for years, and I had no side effects.  I finally had to have surgery, but was taking 80mg a day prior to the surgery with no side effects.  I'm glad it worked for you.  Important or severe side effects are not common.  How you take it is very important.  The moderator of this site, selmaS discusses the importance of raising the head of the bed, not eating after dinner.  It's also important to take Omeprazole DR. 20 mg 1/2 hour to 1 hour prior to your large meal of the day.  Taking it at bedtime, for example, just makes expensive urine.  Read the directions, they are so important with this medication.  Glad it helped!
Thanks for the response.  It does seem to be helping but my dose is 20 mg, AM and PM.  I was having trouble feeling nauseated when I got up in the mornings so I've been taking a pill around 6:30 then going back to bed for a while and that seems to help.  I just hope I don't end up having problems with this like I did the Nexium.  I was hoping it would help my throat issues but it does not.
Look up the symptoms or LPR. Your throat and stomach problems could be directly linked.