GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
Miracle juice???

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Miracle juice???

Hi there, i have acid reflux, a hiatal hernia and duodenal ulcer. i ws checking online for juices to help heal the ulcer and up popped the miracle juice, its raw potato, apple and carrot juiced. im just wondering has anyone tried it before and if so did it work for you? Im on day 3 of taking it, i'll try anything at this stage!
I have heard eating apples is a good thing so juicing would be the same , havent heard of a potato /carrot mix

Hi and welcome to the GERD forum.

I have not heard that it will help with an issue like urs, but I do drink apple cider every AM as a means to get fiber and apple is a healthy way to do so...I find it less acidic then OJ....and  I have IBS so it helps in that way as well, and with a hiatal hernia u do not want ur IBS to act up or ur reflux flares as well....so in addition to apple cider (not vinegar) I do take pro biotics and magnesium......

Have u been to a Dr? There are meds formulated to help heal acid erosion and then u follow a modified diet and lifestyle....not sure this basic plan of juicing will help an ulcer.

See a Dr and do keep us posted on how u r doing.
Hi there, thanks for replying. I was diagnosed a week last Friday but endoscopy, the Dr said i have a superficial duodenal ulcer and a hiatal hernia. I havent spoken to him since but an appointment came through to see him in 2 weeks time so will find out more then. Ive never heard of just apple cider, just the apple cider vinegar, do they do both in health stores?

Apple cider vinegar is an acid and on the Dr Oz show he said  the only people that will get relief with it are those with low acid...not  those with GERD and high acid.

I choose to drink apple cider we get at the reg grocery store as apples are good for us and I also have an IBS issue, I find with my hiatail hernia if I can keep my IBS in check my reflux will also follow suit.....
Aloe Vera juice is supposed to also help heal ulcers, if you can stand the taste.   Not very expensive and available at Walmart in a gallon jug.  Apple cider is very good also for arthritis and inflammation anywhere in the body.

Avatar n tn
i was advised by the pharmacist to avoid apple cider vinegar and anything acidic
Avatar n tn
i keep throwing up a thick white foamy stuff and once that clears i am bringing bile up is this part of acid reflux?

I do not advise APPLE CIDER VINEGAR....I drink apple cider there is a difference....and I agree those with high acid should avoid more acid....not sure y some say to use it except those with low acid will have the same symptoms as those with high acid, if they never were tested to see which they had, they will have had relief....so it is always best to make sure which u have b4 u try ne meds or natural aids.
There are so many causes of GERD that there are no real universal cures, in my opinion.   The word 'Miracle' would be my tip-off to keep my money in my wallet.
Gastro Tracker
Gastro
Joel78 is frustrated, aching, tire... Comment
May 26
christineyvette Derealization is the WORST Comment
May 26
Joel78 commented on Jzabs's status
May 25