Mold effect on reflux
I recently had a mold inspection. The inspector indicated that mold can cause acid reflux, sleep apnia (of which I have a slight case), etc. Is there any truth to this? I live in a relatively dry area where mold is generally not a huge problem. However, I recently had a roof leak and a foundation leak, both of which left some water damage. My contractor found a little mold damage, which he attempted to clean up.

Thanks,

Wschul
Hi BillSch,
Molds are not known to cause GERD. Molds can cause lung and respiratory problems.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The information provided is for patients’ education only and is not a medical advice. Always consult your personal physician for complete evaluation of your health problem.

- Ratnakar Kini M.D.
A related discussion, mold cause gerd? was started.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated Gastroenterologist in your area?