Mouthwash, charcoal and reflux
I used to use a Sodium fluoride with ehtnanol mouthwash twice a day but stopped using it a few months ago due to it being increaisngly hard to get. My dentist suggested I resume it but it has ethanol in it and I'm thinking this would not be a good idea to take while having reflux issues. even if I rinse my mouth out thoroughly with water afterwards, some drops of the stuff must surely run down the throat? Has anyone else had reflux aggravated by any types of mouthwash or I am being paranoid?

Has anyone else tried activated charcoal to neutralise GERD? Apparenlty you take it befoore or after eating suspect foods, but you can't take it whilst on a PPI as the charcola will suck the PPI out of your system?

Hi...I wonder if ur Dentist suggested a water jet to help clean ur btwn teeth and gums...no mouth wash needed....and I believe it is more helpful and is not in a study for oral cancer like the daily use of mouth wash is....

Never had the charcoal , but my grandmother would offer burned toast for an upset tummy as the carbon would help....not sure tho as I can not take the taste....lol..I suggest u talk to ur Dr and experss ur concerns about what ur dentist suggested and see what he may offer.

Good luck