GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
Ms

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Ms

I am a 62-year-old female. I've been using Nexium for several years. I have GERD and had ulcers in the past. It seems that when I stop taking this med, the pain returns and it looks like I'll be on Nexium for a very long time. I'm VERY concerned about the long-term effects of using this med for such a long time. Also, I have several illnesses i.e. systemic lupus, fibromyalgia, GERD, Sjogrens, bursitis, etc.
By the way, the Nexium pill I take doesn't look like any of the pictures you have posted.
Thank you. I look forward to hearing from you.
Liney
the 40mg Nexium pill is purple...

Hi...may I ask who u r directing ur question to? Sorry not sure what pics of meds u r referring to....?

Depending on how long u were on ur GERD meds stopping them can cause rebound effect causing the symptoms to return, it is advised to step off slowly to help avoid this issue...continue with the GERD diet and lifestyle to aid in triggering the symptoms.

I hope this helps : )
Gastro Tracker
Gastro