Need some advise plz
About a month ago. I woke up with a bad taste in my mouth. Like vomit or stomak acid. Well I let it go. And I kept getting a small soar thoat like my thoat was irrated. (I am a pack a day smoker for the past 8 years. Im 28 years old.) Well I also kept getting heart burn on and off. Last week I started to feel real run down and got really sick bad soar thoat. Caugh runny nose ect. Like I got the flu. Went to the Dr. He told me its GURD that is causeing this. Gave me prilosec and some antibieotics. Its been about a week. Im feeling a little better. But I still have a runny nose and caughing. My questions is can GURD cause this? I am worried because I have to get back to work. And this is all new to me. Plz some advise would really help me out.
Can anyone give me some advise?

Hi...

GERD can take up to 4 to 6 weeks to show relief with meds...now u also mentioned u r on antibiotics, they can add to the problem, so it could take longer.

Has ur Dr informed u to modify ur diet and lifestyle?

Stress can also affect how u feel....so do try to relax, but if not going to work is stressing u out more than going , than go ...this is no reason to stay home.

Smoking is a lifestyle modification u will need to do asap to help...smoking will make u feel worse with this condition....http://www.medhelp.org/gerd/articles/What-is-Heartburn/247

"selma"
Thank you for your advise. It really helped me out.

HI...I am sure the smoking will be difficult to slow down with  or try to quit, but it is best for ur overall health....

I am glad the info I provided was helpful, do keep us posted on ur progress : )

"selma"