Nexium and Bone Loss
It has recently been reported that taking Nexium (or drugs of this type) can cause bone loss in women. I have been taking Nexium for over a year and have begun to devlop leg aches and back aches. Could this be due to bone loss; and if so, what type of calcium should I be taking to help prevent bone loss? Or should I stop taking Nexium altogether?

NOTE:  I am also taking high blood pressure medication, as well as Lipitor and Tricor.
Hi...u deff need to keep taking ur meds, but what most PPI's (meds for GERD) can do is cause mal absorption of much needed vitamins and minerals.......so, if u r taking meds that can cause that u may need to discuss with ur dr about other suppliments to help.

and be sure u r timing ur meds right as well...some need to be taken with foods to be absorbed better....and others may be best with out food...and then u may have some u need time btwn......ur pharmacist can also assist u on the timing of meds to help with these issues.

Good Luck
"selma"