GERD (Acid Reflux) Expert Forum
Not Sure What It Could Be??
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Not Sure What It Could Be??

My boyfriend is 25 and has no way of going to a doctor because he has no medical insurance and can't pay for it.  He's been having all these strange symptoms lately..  I know he has REALLY severe heartburn to the point where he eats a lot of tums and rolaids everday, has to drink milk at like 5am because of it.  It's really disturbing.  So recently, for about a week he's been having bad heartburn accompanied by nausea, vomiting, and he said his vision seemthis to be getting worse.  I'm not really sure if acid reflux could cause all of that,  but does anybody have any input on that.  Maybe he is taking too many tums, and the stuff that is in them is building up?  I think it could be something worse because this is starting to drag on now..  Sometimes when he is asleep I notice his lips become swollen around the edges...so really I have no idea?  Does this sound like something to anyone?  Help would be appreciated, as I am worried, it's not just acid reflux it could be entirely something different.