GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
Of topic

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Of topic

Sorry I haven't been around much but things have been crazy around here and I haven't had time. GW had problems with his ear and hearing. That seems to have cleared so he got a stomach bug. You know how those go with our kids. School has been really busy with the end of the year stuff. They also had a recycling fair where they had to make a science or art project completely out of recycled or recycleable materials. My little genius decided to make a waterfall. We had spring break the last week in April which was a nice break. This week was field day and s gold medal ceremony for reading 1720 minutes from January until May. Thank goodness there are only 5 1/2 weeks to go in the school year. Now they testing starts for G & T but other than that it should be pretty stress free.
Back on April 12 I had a baby shower down the shower so dh took Gary to the beach. Gary has low tone and motor dyspraxia. They were climbing on the rocks and GW fell and banged his shin. There was a small cut and it was bruised and swollen. He had done the same thing on the same leg playing miniature golf in the fall. He had gotten a nasty infection then. Since the cut was small that healed fast this time but his leg still appears to have the bruising and it still swells at the end of the day. I had called the ped a couple of weeks ago because we went hiking on break and it really swelled. The nurse said it was normal and use ice and motrin, which we were doing any way, and toi come in if it isn't better in a few days. Well the swelling went down and I just let it go. I nominated myself for worst mother of the year. This week was field day and our church fair so he was on his feet a lot. GW doesn't complain of pain and doesn't really understand it. One doc said it was because he has been in pain from birth due to the reflux another says it is a rare side affect of having an Autism Spectrum Disorder. I took him to the ped Thursday and she immediately sent him for xrays saying it probably was broken. The xrays were negative for a break but there is a muscle tear. She is concerned that he is taking this long to heal and wants him to take it easy with no running around this week and bring him back on Thursday. If it is still looking bad then we do blood work and an MRI. I truly feel like the worst mother on the planet!
DO NOT BEAT YOURSELF UP ... my dd had an anphylactic reaction to nuts two weeks ago and looking back I should have given the epi pen .. but she was ok and GW will be ok, too .. we learn from these things and you and I don't over-react and that sometimes gets us to be more lenient as we are always at the Dr for one thing or another ... you did nothing wrong!!!!!

A muscle tear! OUCH!  I have a severe tendonitis problem in my ankle .. cannot imagine walking with a muscle tear!!!!

I have good ortho if you need one .. but you have one I think LOL!

So sorry you are going crazy with end of school, etc.  Please tell me the shower was for a friend or relative .. not you ROTFLOL!

C~
Cheryl,
Is he pediatric? I am going to wati until we see the doc on Wednesday or Thursday to set up any more appointments. Email me the name and I'll let you know whether I use it.
Pediatric Ortho out of H .. ck your e-mail

Cheryl