Olive Oil use with GERDS
My wife recently, or gradually, has acquired GERDS and I do most of the cooking.  Being Italian, I use quite a bit of olive oil.  In doing a little research, I have found that while use of olive oil does not cause problems in some, it does in others.  There is a wide difference in olive oils and for the benefit of many with this disorder, I am wondering if the golden olive oil popular in Spain would be much better due to it's much lower acid content when compared to the "green", very flavorful Italian extra virgin olive oil loved by so many?  Goya is an inexpensive and outstanding example of this oil and I have used it extensively when I don't want the"green" Italian olive oil flavor. (if I want that, I have some I can drizzle on my food seperately.  This is also a much flavorful alternative to using "light" olive oil to avoid the acidity.
Hi...so kind of u to be researching this for ur wife.

I would say keep a journal of what she eats and how she feels....if she was stressed ect.....u should be able to narrow down which foods are affecting her.

Unfortunatley, tomatoes and dairy like cheeses can be problems for those with gerd.

I use olive oil and do not see a problem for me, I use extra virgin.....but everyone is different , so u will need to do some experimenting.

"selma"